<img src="http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/gosquared/flag/64/United-Kingdom-icon.png"alt="click for English"style=width:64px;border:0;"> <img src="http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/gosquared/flag/64/Croatia-icon.png"alt="click for Croatian" style="width:64px;border:0;"> <img src="http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/gosquared/flag/64/Italy-icon.png"alt="click for Italian" style="width:64px;border:0;">
Josiah Mission School in Germany was started in 2007 by the Baden-Wuerttemberg Conference of SDA.
At that time, God brought many things together to make this happen. A Personal Ministry Director in the Conference had the vision to start a school to train young people. Then there was a Bible worker who helped to start a church in Isny and had the vision to not only plant a church, but also to establish both an Adventist school for children and an evangelism training school. As for me, my wife and I had the chance to attend the Mission College of Evangelism run by Pastor Louis Torres and had the desire to start a school like this in Germany.
When God finally worked a miracle and provided a suitable building, everything was in place to start the adventure.
Josia Mission School exists to strengthen young people in their faith in Jesus Christ, to enable them to win people for Jesus and train them to be workers and leaders in God’s work.
Our values are:
- We accept the Bible as the foundation of every aspect of our training.
- We strengthen our students in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We support our students in their character development.
- We teach mission first as lifestyle and only then as method.
- We orientate our training to the practical needs in God’s work.
- We do not just convey knowledge but give opportunities to acquire skills and gain practical experience.
- We teach the principles of a healthy lifestyle and promote healthy living.
- We integrate practical work into our training, e.g. gardening, home economics or manual labor.
- We strive to have a trustful relationship between teachers and students.
- We help our students to discover their calling.
- We strive to have true Christian balance and avoid extremes.
- We promote a solid Adventist identity and are loyal to the worldwide SDA Church.
Our school offers a 10-month training program which trains young people in the following areas:
- Bible knowledge and Adventist identity
- Discipleship and Personal development
- Personal and Public evangelism
Our vision remains to train young people who follow the example of Timothy. Our goal is to help our young people to become strong disciples and disciple makers who can lead others in their journey with the Lord. We want to be part of God’s end time movement to finish the work:
With such an army of workers as our youth, rightly trained, might furnish, how soon the message of a crucified, risen, and soon-coming Saviour might be carried to the whole world!—Education, 271.
Michael Dörnbrack is the director of Josiah Mission School.